Sunday, July 4, 2010

{Vienna} Salzburg

I realized I never finished uploading my Salzburg pictures...sorry. Salzburg was pouring rain most of the time we were there and bitter cold, but I'm going back again when my Aunt Kathryn comes to travel with me at the end. I'm excited to see it again {minus rain and cold}. They told us that Salzburg is the rainiest city in Austria and possibly Europe {?}.
***
This is on top of the castle overlooking the city.

On top of the castle on a blustery day.

We visited a famous egg shop where they have thousands of hand-painted, blown-out eggs. Pretty little things.

I think this fountain is in The Sound of Music...anyone know?

Not a fantastic picture, but these arches are definitely in The Sound of Music. Doesn't Maria run through them during the "I Have Confidence" song?

This is a view of the castle from the city.

Not the same ones from the movie, but the cemetery was made to look like this I believe. At least according to our tour guide.

This lovely place is in the movie during "Do-Re-Mi" I think.


This is part of the fountain they dance around and the stairs in the back on the right side for "Do-Re-Mi." Please excuse the foggy spot; my camera was really cold that day and would fog up every time I turned it on.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the arches!! I wish I had one of those in my backyard...

    ReplyDelete